Understanding Remarketing Ads & Its Best Use

Understanding Remarketing Ads & Its Best Use

What Is Remarketing?

Remarketing ads are also known as retargeting. It is a form of online advertising that helps in keeping your brand in front of the bounced traffic after they leave your website. Most of the time only 2% of website traffic converts on the first page, the retargeting ads help companies to reach out to the rest of the 98% users who don’t get converted.

Let’s say you visit a website after you leave then you see their ads on every website you visit, that pretty makes easier to understanding remarketing ads.

How Does Remarketing Work?

Remarketing is a technology based on the cookies, which uses a simple javascript code to follow your audience anonymously all over the web. The cookie gets stored in the user’s system when they visit your website which will be deleted automatically after 30 days or if the user clears the cookies manually.

If we go deeper: You place a small unassuming piece of code on your website which is known as a pixel. The pixel is unnoticeable to your website visitors and won’t even affect the website’s performance. Every time a new visitor arrives at your website, the code drops an anonymous cookie in the user’s computer, later when your visitor is browsing the web, the cookie will let your retargeting provider know when to serve the ad. This makes sure that the ad is served to only people who have visited your website previously.

How Does Remarketing Work

Remarketing is a powerful tool for branding and increasing conversion rate, but it works best in the larger digital marketing strategies. The remarketing works best if applied simultaneously with inbound and outbound marketing. While the other strategies like content writing, targeted display ads, AdWords are the great source for driving traffic to your website, retargeting help in increasing the conversion rate.

Getting Started With The Remarketing

  • Create a list of actions mostly taken by users on your website.
  • Analyze for which action you should create a unique ad.
  • Create ads in such a way that it speaks out what makes them different.

The remarketing is majorly used for the shopping cart termination by the users. A report says that the shocking 78% of terminations were seen by the users on a shopping cart. Let’s assume the possible reasons for terminated at the shopping cart page

  • Some of the users thought shipping charges were high
  • Some of the users were not ready to purchase the product
  • Some of them just wanted to compare the price
  • Some of them just wanted to check for the future purchases

Remarketing by taking the termination list will allow you to target only that 78% users with a specific message based on their behavior.

  • If the reason was shipping charges, then show them the ads with discount coupons or free shipping coupons for the same product to get the conversion.
  • If the user was not ready to make the purchase? No problem, show them your ad for a week or two with a frequency cap of few impressions each day and make them ready to purchase.
  • If they were just comparing the rates? Great, give them the discount and the customer is all yours.

How Can You Select The Audience For Remarketing?

Now comes the most exciting part, where you can create your own audience based on their behavior on your website, you can create a list as follows:

  1. Users who visited your pricing page
  2. Who follows your blogs
  3. Who commented on your blog
  4. Who clicked through to your social network accounts
  5. Who watched the videos
  6. Who have visited number of pages on your website
  7. Those who have already purchased your product

Hopefully, this post might have given you the required information you needed on remarketing. This post has covered the basics of the remarketing or the retargeting, there is a lot more you need to learn about it, but the remarketing will definitely increase your conversion. All the big e-commerce businesses conversions mostly come from remarketing, they invest huge amounts on remarketing as it ensures the conversions and focuses on the people who have already visited your website. To convince the people who have already intended to make a purchase on your website is a lot easier than convincing a new customer.

To Top